httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conf file macros?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:42:00 GMT
On 1/12/06, httpd2@karsites.net <httpd2@karsites.net> wrote:

> The module module_env is used to define variables in the
> config file, or pass variables from the shell to the apache
> environment.
>
> # define the environment variable
> SetEnv SrvRoot /usr/local/apache2
>
> I'm not sure of the syntax to use the variable though.
> As you say the docs are a bit vague to say the least!

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html

I believe you can actually use env variables (set outside apache) in
the config files using a syntax like ${var}, although it is
undocumented.  You are better off pre-processing your config file with
m4 or something similar or using a third-party module like mod_macro.

Joshua.