httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fernando <fschub...@saninternet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache .htaccess in NFS
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:22:56 GMT
Hi!

I'm facing a problem with apache 1.3.34 in a NFS DocumentRoot with
.htaccess.

I create the .htacess file nomrally, htpasswd -c .htacess user

Then I configure the httpd.conf also correctly, but when I try to test
the protected folder, I get a ERROR 500.

You may think that I mispeled the config file, but not, when I remove
the .htaccess file Apache prompts the Auth window normally.

The interesting point is that I created another .htaccess file in the
normal local filesystem and changed the httpd.conf file to gets
information from that file, and it worked!

So I assumed that my problem is with the NFS and .htaccess file... is
there a directive or  option to fix it?

Thanks for the help!!

Fernando S.