httpd-users mailing list archives

From Franky Ronaldy <franky.rona...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Again
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:32:13 GMT
Hi,

I am quite new for reverse proxy. I need some advice from expertise
here. I have to configure apache as a reverse proxy with SAP portal at
the backend. My apache run in linux ES 3 with apache version 2.0.46.

I have configured httpd.conf to act as a reverse proxy as following:

...<snip>
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /dev http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
ProxyPassReverse /dev http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
<snip>...

I can see the login page from http://www.domain.com:5000/irj/portal
but without image, css, etc.... so I add two more lines inside
httpd.conf as following

...<snip>
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /dev http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
ProxyPassReverse /dev http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
ProxyPass / http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.domain.com:50000/irj/portal
LogLevel debug
<snip>...

After restart apache, I can see everything included all images,  css
so on and so forth. But I can't login to the SAP portal.

My confusion whether is there anyway I can traceroute the requests
coming into apache until it comes back to apache from the backend?

Eventhough I check the error log I did not find any clues why I can't
login into the SAP portal at the backend.

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

--
Regards,
Franky