httpd-users mailing list archives

From Olaf van der Spek <olafvds...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType MIME wildcards?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:35:27 GMT
On 1/20/06, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> I never managed to make AddOutputFilterByType work properly for DEFLATE. There is a Bugzilla
report that basically says that it does not work and is beyond salvation.

What's the URL of the report?
I've set it up on my server and it appears to work fine.

> You should try using mod_filter; that's what I ended up doing. Although mod_filter is
an Apache 2.2 module, it is perfectly compatible with Apache 2.0 - just takes a few tricks
to compile it. I seem to remember that Nick Kew describes how to compile it for Apache 2.0
on his site.

> -ascs

is it also possible to use text/*?