httpd-users mailing list archives

From htt...@karsites.net
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem compiling 2.2.0 on solaris 8 with enabling so
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:46:02 GMT

Thankyou for correcting me on that Axel - point taken ;-)

Keith

In practice they are not.

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV wrote:

> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> From: Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com>
> Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Problem compiling 2.2.0 on solaris 8 with enabling
>     so
>
> Since when did libexpat become a module??
>
> The symbol XmlInitUnknownEncoding is defined in srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/xmltok.c
which is part of libexpat. So its plain impossible for XmlInitUnknownEncoding not to be defined.

> Have you tried to do an "ldd -v libexpat.so.0" to see if there is any other library that
libexpat depends on and which cannot be found?

> -ascs

in httpd.conf. See if Apache will start then. If so, then that is obviously where the problem
is.