httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kathy.Rix...@rrd.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Having trouble installing Apache 2.2.0 on SUSE LINUX version 9
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:58:08 GMT
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

I got it installed, using the 'less elegant way' listed below by David.  I
liked Mr. Orton's suggestion, but the folks here kind of balked at removing
the 32 bit.

I really do appreciate everyone's help on this one.  I was totally stumped.
Apache is now installed, and I got the 'It Works' screen.

NOW I get to do some really fun stuff.  Next install will be the php that I
need.

Kathy

                      "David

                      Salisbury"               To:      <users@httpd.apache.org>, "Lyndon
Tiu"
                      <salisbury@globe         <ltiu@alumni.sfu.ca>

                      .gov>                    cc:

                                               Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Having trouble installing
Apache
                      01/05/2006 11:18         2.2.0 on SUSE  LINUX version 9

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to users

It looks like you're on a 64 bit machine.  Apache doesn't seem to like to
be compiled for
64 bit machines.  If that is the case, here's a couple of work arounds to
try and compile for
32 bit.  Start over and re-configure with

#!/bin/sh
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib32" \
CFLAGS="-m32" \
./configure --prefix=/home/salisbur/apache-install-2.2 \
--enable-mods-shared="mod-etc mod-etc"

or a less elegant way

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-amd64/2004-Oct/0412.html

-Dave