httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problem regarding cgi permissions(asap)
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:51:02 GMT

You're right that the docs do recommend always using forward slashes. But if the path is quoted,
you can use a native path style (ie, back-slashes on windows). As the OP states, it does actually
work...

Note that you *must* quote the path if it contains spaces (which can only happen on windows).
So maybe a good rule is: "Always quote a path in windows".

In Unix, you never need to quote the path because the path can't contain spaces.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> -ascs

the sender's company.