httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony Lamb" <alamb...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Struggling to set up HTTP security
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:43:11 GMT
<P>Hi</P>
<P>I have downloaded Appserv for windows version 2.4.4.a and have managed to get a website
up and working, I am having problems setting up security.</P>
<P>I would like to have certain areas of the site to have access controls on them and
have managed to set up the password file using htdigest but I am unable to work out how to
set up the groups and then to apply them.</P>
<P>I have looked at the following website</P>
<P><A href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html#digestworks">http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html#digestworks</A></P>
<P>but I am still unable to make it work.</P>
<P>Please can you help</P>
<P>Anthony</P>
<P><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV></div></html>