httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple httpd instances on startup? (OS X)
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:28:55 GMT
What do you mean by "instances"??

Do you mean that there are 5 httpd processes?

Could you list the output of "httpd -l" and the value of your StartServers configuration parameter?

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: java_nutt@charter.net [mailto:java_nutt@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:09 AM
To: HTTPD Users
Subject: [users@httpd] Multiple httpd instances on startup? (OS X)

Okay, so I was able to compile and install Apache 2.2.0 on my system as recommended by other
users here, and everything went okay until I tried to start it.  I then got the following
error messages:

(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80 (13)Permission denied:
make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Right away I saw there was a permission problem, so I ran the apachectl command under "sudo".
 When I ran top, I saw there were 5 instances of httpd running with pid's in the 28000 range
(28328-28333 to be exact).

Is this normal to see?  Have I done something wrong or do I need to change something?  Thanks
in advance for any info.

James