httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy definitions taking precedence over mod-rewrite rules (Again)
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:24:29 GMT
The only way to resolve this problem is to transform your ProxyPass rules into RewriteRule
rules.

I can see no reason why upgrading from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 should change anything wrt
the order in which the modules are executed. This is something that Apache determines itself
based on the way the module hooks are defined.

The module developer can loosely define the order in which a module hook should be executed
by specifying whether it should be early, middle or late. He/She can also specify a list of
other modules before or after which each module hook should be executed.

ProxyPass /foo/ http://my.host.com/boo/

is equivalent to

RewriteRule ^/foo/(.*) http://my.host.com/boo/$1 [P]

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin D. Van Der Hart [mailto:kvanderhart@vermeermfg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy definitions taking precedence over mod-rewrite rules (Again)

I sent this message once but received no responses and have not been
able to resolve the problem. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

I am running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris. I have some mod-rewrite rules
that had been working properly that make changes to URLs that also would
be valid under some mod_proxy settings on a specific name based virtual
host. Mod_rewrite is compiled into httpd and mod_proxy is loaded as a
DSO. I upgraded the Solaris OS from 8 to 10 and now the proxy rules are
taking priority over the mod_rewrite rules and my rewrites are failing.
I have some rewrite rules that don't conflict with mod_proxy rules and
they work as expected so I know both modules are loaded and working
properly. With Apache 1.X I specifically loaded modules in a set order
so mod_rewrite would have precedence over mod_proxy. Can this be done
with Apache 2.0? I tried recompiling Apache on the new OS but that had
no effect.

Thanks.

Kevin