httpd-users mailing list archives

From <spamvan...@ilse.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] AddHandler/AddType in <VirtualHost>
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:59:35 GMT
Hello all,

I'm migrating from the old days to 2.2 and I have a problem getting my old .html-files parsed
by PHP 5.1 using the usual settings in <VirtualHost> in httpd-vhosts.conf.

As I have understood from the documentation the AddType/AddHandler directive is valid in the
<VirtualHost> context and should override settings from the mime-file. Unfortunately
neither of them seem to work.

If I change the AddType to include .html files in the general config file all gets parsed
exquisitely.

There's nothing in the error_log, and all configtests run smoothly.

If anybody has a clue or is able to reproduce this problem please let me know!

Here's the dummy example adapted to my settings:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .php3
</VirtualHost>

TIA

Marko.