httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <mland...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI won't run unless .htaccess in sub-dir
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:32:11 GMT
At 10:50 AM 1/24/2006, Eric Covener wrote:
>On 1/23/06, Marty Landman <mlandman@face2interface.com> wrote:
> > Stymied here. Have the following VH configured:
> >
> > <VirtualHost *>
> >          <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/www">
> >                  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> >                  Options +Includes +ExecCGI
>
>Is it kosher to have two Options lines?
>Is it kosher to mix +/- and non +/- Options parameters when you split
>it on two lines?
>
>(Mixing +/- and non +/- is unpredictable result on a single line)

I'm learning is that my own ignorance is quite dangerous.

After a little more doc reading and changing things around have gotten
things working properly with this config

         <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/www">
                 Options +Includes
                 AllowOverride All
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>

Your remark about unpredictability seemed on target Eric. Wanted to post
the error log messages saw yesterday in reply to Owen's posting and wasn't
getting anything now! So changed approach to stripping everything
unnecessary out of the conf and that seems to have done it.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal