httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <mland...@face2interface.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSI won't run unless .htaccess in sub-dir
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:30:00 GMT
Stymied here. Have the following VH configured:

<VirtualHost *>
         ServerName      bening1
         User            dad
         Group           dad
         DocumentRoot    /mnt/web/guide/bening1/www
         DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.shtm index.cgi
         <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/www">
                 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                 Options +Includes +ExecCGI
                 AllowOverride All
                 Options None
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>
         ScriptAlias     /cgibin/ "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/cgibin/"
         ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/ "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/cgibin/"
         <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/bening1/cgibin">
                 AllowOverride All
                 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

There are two sub-dirs of www - LoanDept and Application. Each has an
index.shtml in it. After adding .htaccess to LoanDept to provide id/pw
access for that sub-dir I find that Application/index.shtml won't run i.e.
the browser renders the SSI directive instead of executing it. Once I copy
LoanDept/.htaccess to Application/.htaccess then Application/index.shtml works.

Yikes, gotta be something stupid I did, but what?

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal