httpd-users mailing list archives

From allan juul <al...@muly.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] reverse proxy - forward ip
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:12:15 GMT
hello,

we have on the same machine an apache2 in front (80) of a backend web
server (8000) in a reverse proxy set up. the backend sees the proxied
requests from the apache as coming from localhost.
we are in a situation were we need the backend to see the request coming
from anything but localhost.

one approach might be to establish a unique host header on the backend,
so the apache would forward requests like:

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://unique.host.com:8000/$1 [p,l]

instead of

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8000/$1 [p,l]

i just wander if there are an easier / or even another solution to this?
perhaps forwarding the original client ip somehow.

thanks
./a