httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Turrisi <...@turrisi.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Mass configured virtual hosts and dynamic alias's
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:13:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently using apache 1.3 to serve virtual hosts dynamically using
the following config...

<VirtualHost removed:80>
     ServerName removed
     ErrorLog /var/log/error_log
     CustomLog /var/log/sites_access_log ald
     VirtualDocumentRoot /domains/%1.1/%1.2/%0/public_html
     User nobody
     Group sites
</VirtualHost>

This works fine but what i would like is to have an alias of /dshop go
to /domains/%1.1/%1.2/%0/shop for all the virtual hosts. Unfortunately
for me, the variables only work when using the VirtualDocumentRoot
directive and not the Alias directive.

I've looked around for a few hours, but i can't find an answer so i hope
someone here can help. I'll leave with a few more examples of what i'm
trying to achieve in case i haven't made my self clear enough.

Request for: http://foo.bar/dshop
Serves path: /domains/f/o/foo.bar/dshop

Request for: http://bar.foo/dshop/foo.htm
Serves path: /domains/b/a/bar.foo/dshop/foo.htm

Thanks

Tom Turrisi