httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Keltz <...@cs.yorku.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to enable a module in one virtualhost
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:32:59 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 1/24/06, Jason Keltz <jas@cs.yorku.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>I'm running Apache 1.3.34, and have a question that I was hoping someone
>>might be able to help me with.
>>
>>I have two virtual hosts - one for standard HTTP, and the other for
>>HTTPS.  All I want to be able to do is to enable one module
>>(mod_auth_pam actually) in the https virtualhost, and NOT have the
>>module defined in the HTTP virtualhost so that authentication with PAM
>>is not done in the clear.  mod_auth_pam isn't really all that important
>>to this problem though.  There must be a way to enable a module in one
>>virtualhost, and not have it enabled in the other one, all on the same
>>server.  If there is, I can't find it..
>

> It is the responsibility of the module to define where it is or is not
> in effect.  Most modules provide directives to turn themselves on or
> off.  In the case of mod_auth_pam, it seems like "AuthPam_Enabled off"
> will do the trick.

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your response.

The problem with this is that while I can disable the module with
AuthPam_enabled off, the user can then "enable" it in their .htaccess
file with the AuthPam_enabled on.  I am looking for a higher level way
of making it so that the module is not even available to the http
server.  I would have thought this is something that Apache would do.

Jason.