httpd-users mailing list archives

From andi w <andiwa...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_balancer: how to define failover (only) / hot standby behavior?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:30:54 GMT
Hello,

using Apache 2.2.0/mod_proxy_balancer, is it possible to configure a
proxy balancer with two balancer members, where one of the two only gets
the requests, if the other one fails?

In mod_jk that was possible using "local_worker_only", but with
mod_proxy_balancer I have not yet understood how to define such behavior
(defining "loadfactor=0" would be a way, probably working right away,
but is definded to be a number between 1 and 100).

As far as I understand at the moment, it is only possible to define an
"almost-only-hot-standby"-behavior, where the failover-backend gets
1/100 of all requests..

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Andreas