httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Knecht <david.kne...@anyweb.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Follow symbolic links: report symbolic link names vs. real names
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:33:01 GMT
I would like to configure Apache 2.0.52 on Linux to follow symbolic
links to directories.

The directory names I am using are defined as symbolic links on the file
system. The "FollowSymLinks" parameter is configured in httpd.conf.

According to /var/log/httpd/error_log the symbolic links are followed
correctly, but the log file shows the real directory names not the
symbolic ones (which is why my CGI script fails to run).

How do I configure Apache to follow symbolic links to directories
without internally using/reporting the file system's real directory names?

Thanks, David