httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark McCulligh <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Logs and AWStats
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:59:39 GMT
I was wondering what is the different between TransferLog and
CustomLog.  The only difference I can see is that with the TransferLog
you cannot give it a log format or give it any other parameters.  If
this is true why use the TransferLog when the CustomLog does the same
thing and has move features.

Thanks,
Mark.

Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV wrote:

>Your non-SSL virtual host logs to access_log using the "combined" log format which AWStats
parses correctly.

>Your SSL virtual host logs to access_log using the "common" format (by default).
>
>Since the "combined" format is parsed correctly, I suggest that you replace the TransferLog
directive in the SSL VH by the same CustomLog directive used in the non-SSL virtual host.
If you are logging to the same file, you may just as well use the same format...

>-ascs

Mark McCulligh, Web Consultant
VisualTech Components www.VisualTech.ca
mmcculli@visualtech.ca