httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IndexIgnore is Ignored With Multiple Slashses
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:51:36 GMT
David Wolever wrote:
> I have noticed that mod_autoindex ignores the IndexIgnore
> directive if there is more than one slash after the
> domain name.  For example:
> http://wolever.net/autoindex/
> http://wolever.net//autoindex/
> The htaccess file is included in the directory list.

Dollars to donuts you broke rule one, don't use <Location > blocks to describe
your filesystem layout, always use <Directory > blocks.  The URI '//' is not
the same as the URI '/', and Location's follow URI's. This behavior is by
design.

If I'm wrong, let us know exactly where you put your IndexIgnore directive.