httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:53:47 GMT
P.M wrote:

> I tried to install APACHE 2.0.52 or APACHE 2.0.55 to my Windows XP
> computer without success [...] Please, could you tell me how to solve it ?

Error 1, cannot bind to 0.0.0.0:80

   this is often seen when adapters have different support for TCP/IP; the best
   thing is to change your Listen directive to match your internal/external IP
   addresses, e.g. change Listen 80 to several lines...

     # Bind apache to localhost and our IP addresses, one for each;
     Listen 127.0.0.1:80
     Listen 168.192.0.25:80
     Listen 10.0.0.15:80

   use your own IP addresses, not the example ones above.

Error 2; no installed service 'Apache2'

   fix ALL your configuration errors.  You can then follow the documented
   procedure for installing your service;

     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/platform/windows.html#winsvc

Your other error in mod_ssl.so - you didn't reveal WHAT ERROR you received,
making it impossible to help you.