httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Lamborne <p...@maniatv.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewrite gurus help? (with mod_proxy_ajp)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:53:14 GMT
Yes, but as you could see from my code sample, there are no redirects.
There is a proxypass preceded by a rewrite rule.  That is why I feel
that the interaction between mod_proxy_ajp and mod_rewrite is buggy --
as far as I can tell, the behavior I'm getting is not due to an improper
configuration.

Is anyone else out there using apache 2.2 with mod_rewrite and
mod_proxy_ajp to pass to tomcat?  I'd really like to hear other people's
experience and see their config.

Rajendra Kadam -X (rakadam - eTouch Systems at Cisco) wrote:

>Hi Pete,
>
>You said that ..... "Rewrite goes into infinite loop" Is that correct ?
>
>I also faced the same problem. And resolution that is when you are redirecting to some
other url that particular url should not be in turn re-directed. Else it's infinite loop.

>See this thread : http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200512.mbox/%3cF370ADC0040A424E8AB27D2BCEE35D0C013CC16E@xmb-sjc-222.amer.cisco.com%3e
>
>It might help you.
>
>Cheers,
>Rajendra

 Now I am rethinking that decision...

>I will use the logging for more insight, thanks for that tip as well.  I will post any
info I find, and appreciate any other suggestions.
>pete
>

>Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV wrote:
>

>>Another advantage of using RewriteRule over ProxyPass is that you get a lot better
logging provided you set "RewriteLogLevel 3". That may help you understand why it loops...

>>I understood that you originally ended up with a redirect, but I thought that it might
have been the application that was generating the redirect.

>>I take it you are using Apache 2.2 ?
>>
>>-ascs

understand why, but it created an infinite loop.

>>I don't think the original situation (where it *works*, but the URL is rewritten in
the user's browser) is due to ProxyPass being evaluated first, because the URL did indeed
get rewritten 1st (it's just that it wasn't transparent to the user).

>>I believe this is more likely to be a bug in the way the mod_proxy_ajp and mod_rewrite
interact, rather than a matter of configuration.