httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Lamborne <p...@maniatv.com>
Subject [users@httpd] rewrite gurus help? (with mod_proxy_ajp)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:48:27 GMT
Hey all,
There is very little info out there on this so far, given how new
mod_proxy_ajp is.  One post I found seemed to indicate the same bug with
no solution....

The problem is that I can't get mod_rewrite to work transparently with
mod_proxy_ajp.  It either doesn't work at all (when I don't specify
:proxy or [P]), or works like a redirect, changing the URL in the user's
browser.

Here's a quick conf:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /pub/wiv/(.*).asx$ /pub/wiv?seoName=$1 [P]
ProxyPass /pub ajp://theTomcatBox:8009/pub
ProxyPassReverse /pub ajp://theTomcatBox:8009/pub

Here's something else I tried with the same results:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /pub/wiv/(.*).asx$ proxy:ajp://dev3:8009/pub/wiv?seoName=$1
ProxyPass /pub ajp://theTomcatBox:8009/pub
ProxyPassReverse /pub ajp://theTomcatBox:8009/pub

Both of these solutions work, but replace the pretty URL with the ugly
one for the end-user.  I want it to be transparent to the user.

What am I missing?