httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mukarram Syed <muks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Yet another Redirect/ RedirectMatch question
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:18:53 GMT
Thanks Anderson.

To answer the last part "
 Yet, it should work... Anyways, I think
your best shot would be to redirect http://www.max-toastmaster.com/
directly to http://www.esalton.com/control/main/ , instead of just
http://www.esalton.com/ .
"

I tried that i.e.,

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName maxim-toastmaster.com
  Redirect / http://www.esalton.com/control/main/
</VirtualHost>

It still doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.  They help narrow down to the problem immensely.

Regards

-Mukarram

Anderson Miranda <anderson@brasilenergia.com.br> wrote: Hi Syed, List...

First off, I'm getting the headers from my proxy log files (squid).

When I try to access http://www.esalton.com/ , I'm getting this:
[HTTP/1.1 *302 Moved Temporarily*\r\nDate: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:31:52
GMT\r\nServer: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)\r\nSe
t-Cookie: JSESSIONID=448CA44547341BDABA5A08DA36180DAB.sprod1;
Path=/\r\n*Location: http://www.esalton.com/control/main*\r\nCon
tent-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1\r\nContent-Length:
0\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r]

which means you have, somewhere, a Temporary Redirection for the
http://www.esalton.com/ address.

When I try to access http://www.maxim-toastmaster.com/ , I'm getting this:
[HTTP/1.1 *301 Moved Permanently*\r\nServer:
Netscape-Enterprise/6.0\r\nDate: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:30:
20 GMT\r\nContent-length: 0\r\n*Location:
http://www.esalton.com/store/application*\r\nConnection: keep-alive\r\n\r]

which means you have, somewhere, a Permanent Redirection for the
http://www.maxim-toastmaster.com/ address.

I'm not 100% sure how HTTP protocol works with such redirections but,
it's at least confusing to have an address permanently redirected to a
second address and then, to have this second address temporarily
redirected to a third one... Yet, it should work... Anyways, I think
your best shot would be to redirect http://www.max-toastmaster.com/
directly to http://www.esalton.com/control/main/ , instead of just
http://www.esalton.com/ .

Hope this all can help you.