httpd-users mailing list archives

From gayatri sekhar <sekhar_gaya...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem hosting a webpage in apache(asap)..
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:46:15 GMT
check for port number in httpd.conf
  normal default is 7777
  in that case you should use localhost:7777
  OR
  change the  port to 80 in httpd.conf

mohan devanoor <mohan.devanoor@yahoo.com> wrote:
    ya apache server apache server is running on my system and
  Documentroot is set to "d:\apache2\htdocs"
  is there any thing more to configure in httpd.conf ?

java_nutt@charter.net wrote:
  If the apache server is running on the same machine you are trying to access it from, using
localhost should do the trick. Have you confirmed that the httpd process is running? Some
system information would be helpful as well.

James

P.S. To find out where to put your files, check your httpd.conf file and look for the following.
It will tell you where apache looks for files:

DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"

That's how it looks on my system (Mac OS X). It may be different for your system. Whatever
"DocumentRoot" says, that is where to put your files. You then access them like http://localhost/hello.htm
l. But you have to ensure the server is running in the background.