httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Western <wezz10...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache installation problem -socket address usage
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:13:51 GMT
Many thanks to those who replied to my original email. The OS I am using is Windows XP Pro.
If, as has been pointed out, this is a problem with Port80, can anyone suggest a solution?

  Many thanks
  Ian

httpd2@karsites.net wrote:

Please tell us what OS you are using? - we need to know
this if you want help.

As allready mentioned, only one application can attach
itself to one port address.

It appears you may allready have a web server listening on
port 80 unless you are not starting apache as root.

Keith

In practice they are not.

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Ian Western wrote:

> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> From: Ian Western
> Subject: [users@httpd] Apache installation problem -socket address usage
>
> Hi everyone,
> can anyone out there help me. I'm trying to install
> Apache but whenever I try to run it, I get a window with
> the text below:
> "(OS 10048) Only one usage of each socket address

is normally permitted.