httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M. Onur ERGiN" <monurer...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Sudden need of a case change (MIMEMagicFile)
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:01:35 GMT
Hi again..
In addition to the below problem, I want to know if there is a way to see that apache properly
places and returns the cookies?

Any response is much appreciated.
Onur.

"M. Onur ERGiN" <monurergin@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello, I had a strange problem;

 one day my web server crashed, and it took some time to find out the problem.
It was related to mod_mime_magic module. In the httpd.conf, there were a line:
MIMEMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic . This line was preventing me from starting
the http service. and its status was :  httpd stopped but subsys locked!

When I changed that line to "MimeMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic "
(MIME --> Mime) I could be able to start the web service, and it is now
working fine. Interestingly, until that time, it was working as MIMEMagicFile ...

Does anybody know, what could have caused this problem?

I ask this, beacuse with this problem my mail list system,
mailman, has also been affected badly, and it now cannot track cookie information (I assume
so),
and it repeatedly falls back to the login screen.

Best regards,
Onur Ergin.

Yahoo! Photos

Yahoo! Photos