httpd-users mailing list archives

From "P.M" <pmdan...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.55 / alias and windows folders
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:07:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm new in Apache HTTP and i have some questions regarding ALIAS command.

i do not want to place all my websites developped under the documentroot folder, so based
on documentation, i've tried to use an alias....without success.

just after the documentroot definition, i wrote that :

ALIAS /test "E:/MyTestFolder"

<Directory "E:/MyTestFolder">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

When i run my internet browser, i should be able to reach my website stored in this folder,
by typing :

http://localhost/test/index.php or
http://localhost/test/index.html..... as it depends on my first page.

But nothing works.

So, could you let me know what i did not do, or what i did wrong ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen

Yahoo! Photos