httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mary Anderson" <mfander...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Was my apache2.2.0 source code hacked?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:21:05 GMT

Hi all,
   I just installed apache2.2.0 from source code on my red hat linux
system.  Everything seemed to be ok.  I started apachectl and have an httpd
running on the system.  But, according to 'Apache Essentials' when I point
my browser at http://localhost/ I should get a screen from apache with an
apache logo and a statement saying not to call them about configuration
problems.  I don't.  I get a screen saying 'It works!'.  Is something wrong
with my installation?  I did not check the signature on the source code.
And I can't find the html scripts for either screen on my system.

Thanks.
Mary Anderson