httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene <list-apa...@fsck.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how can I add SERVER_NAME to a filename
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:37:04 GMT
On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 12:01:33PM CST, robert rottermann <robert@redcor.ch> wrote:
:
: I was a bit unclear. I know that I can name the files like this
:
: CustomLog /var/log/apache2/projekte2.fh-aargau.ch/com_log combined
:
: however I would like to have the "projekte2.fh-aargau.ch" part
: replaced by a variable.
: Is this possible?
:
: somehow %{SERVER_NAME} must be known as I use it in a rewrite rule.

AFAIK, what you're asking for cannot be done in Apache.

Those variables that are availble in RewriteRule are exposed
thanks to mod_rewrite.  The same server variables exposed by
mod_rewrite are not available in other Apache directives.

--
Eugene