httpd-users mailing list archives

From "devnull@plugthebox.net" <devn...@plugthebox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] high load average on Apache 1.3 hosting 8000 conc. users forum
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:39:16 GMT
Dear List members,
I'm the administrator of a big website that hosts an important forum
(VBulletin to be precise). At peak time we get around 7000-9000
concurrent users (counting the php sessions, members visiting the forum)
the switch (Foundry) counts 2700 concurrent connections.

during those peak times, the apache server (RHEL 4 AS, Apache 1.3, php)
gets a load average of 80~170. the mysql server runs smoothly at 0.9 ~
3.

Browsing the Internet / following some optimizations HOWTOs didn't help.
Can anyone kindly support me on that issue?

Sincerely,
--
devnull@plugthebox.net <devnull@plugthebox.net>