httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel E" <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation with SSL
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:54:35 GMT
whoops sorry about the mcafee thing... i guess i didnt see your error message properly. this
looks like same problem again. why dont you download tcpview and check out which applications
are using which sockets. its available at http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

and btw to respond to your earlier message on apache and ssl this distribution is the best
i've found so far for windows. its a perl + modperl + php + apache + ssl combined binary available
at http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/perl/win32-bin/ its still at apache 2.0.54 though.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: P.M
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation with SSL

  Basically, it was because IIS used the same IP....

  now it's ok, but I have another problem after configuration of SSL.
  check the attached screenshot.

  I've checked with port scanner, and this port (443) is not used by any application. i do
not have a firewall also...
  what can it be ?

  thanks a lot,
  Maileen

  Emmanuel E <emmanuel.e@gmx.net> wrote:
    Hi,
    I've found that these errors occur if you have McAfee antivirus installed. After a lot
of debugging I found that McAfee replaces the tcp/ip stack on windows. There is no option
to disable t his while installing mcafee or even later on. A lot of open source programs fail
to run when mcafee is installed - havent figured out why. If you have mcafee installed try
uninstalling it and then installing apache. Hope this helps. If youre successful do let me
know.
    Cheers,
    Emmanuel