httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel E" <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:48:29 GMT
Hi,
I've found that these errors occur if you have McAfee antivirus installed. After a lot of
debugging I found that McAfee replaces the tcp/ip stack on windows. There is no option to
disable this while installing mcafee or even later on. A lot of open source programs fail
to run when mcafee is installed - havent figured out why. If you have mcafee installed try
uninstalling it and then installing apache. Hope this helps. If youre successful do let me
know.
Cheers,
Emmanuel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: P.M
  To: Newsgroup Apache HTTP Server
  Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 7:33 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation

  Hi,

  I'm lost :-(

  I tried to install APACHE 2.0.52 or APACHE 2.0.55 to my Windows XP computer without success.

  Everytime i have 2 errors OS10048 as attached to this email.
  Please, could you tell me how to solve it ?

  i've tried several downloaded version files, but it is still the same.
  thanks a lot,
  Maileen

  Yahoo! Photos