httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Jong" <vj...@jandjgraphics.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 500 Internal Server Error pages being rendered as markup
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:13:03 GMT
I'm not understanding what you mean. This was a clean install of apache
and after typing make install,
I started up this install's apache. I didn't edit the httpd.conf file. All
the ErrorDocument lines that are in
httpd.conf are example lines that are commented out already. So what is
happening is when a user tries to access some cgi script that isn't
configured right, this user gets the 500 Internal Server Error page. The
problem with this page is that it is displayed as HTML code. There's the
additional line of another 500 Internal Server Error occurring when trying
to use an ErrorDocument handling the error request. Since I've never, ever
configured any kind of customized error documents, I wouldn't even begin
to know where all this error document configuration is. I prefer to use
apache's default configuration and error pages.

Thanks,

Vincent J.