httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem blocking user dir access
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:12:18 GMT
On 12/21/05, Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/05, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:

Try;

> >         UserDir disabled
> >
> > which should switch it off completely.
>
> I find it odd that not loading mod_userdir is not sufficient to
> disable the functionality offered by mod_userdir. What you suggest
> above also does not work as we are not loading mod_userdir.

Are you SURE you don't have mod_userdir statically loaded (apachectl
-l should tell you).

Have you tried Owen's suggestion?  What exact error message do you get
in the error log?

What exact error message do you get in the error log when you make
requests to the server for non-existant users?

Joshua.