httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] good comparison of apache1.3.33 vs apache2
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:03:43 GMT
On 11/30/05, Benjamin Adams <> wrote:
> My server is running Mac OS X tiger with apache 1.3.33 and php4.3.11
> I was wondering if someone new a place where I can see a good test
> between the two (would like on mac but doesn't need to be).
> Main two problems are image load speed and php speed

Unless you are running extremely high loads, you aren't going to see
any substantial difference between the two.  Version 2 uses sendfile
which, assuming os x supports it, should make it faster on static

If you are setting up a new server, you should run version 2 because
that is where all future developement effort is going.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: