httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ismael Milach <mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtualhost + Appliance
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:49:26 GMT
Thanks Robbie and Josh... Everything is working now...

Well, everything but the squirrelmail, which uses a separated
apache.conf file...
<VirtualHost *:80>
  DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail
  ServerName webmail.mydomain.com
</VirtualHost>

and Include /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf  in the httpd.conf.

but that's not really important, I'll try tor work it around here.

Thank you guys!

Ismael
Brazil

On 12/9/05, Robbie Garrett <rob@dns90.homelinux.com> wrote:
> hey,
>
>   it's your httpd.conf.  The ip's need to be changed away from Ip to name based.  This
way apace will look at what the brower is looking for / find it in the config file and put
out the files.

> in english
> when you enter xxx.com  your brower send the request to a a dns server (where is xxx.com
 dns: it's xxx.xxx.x.x) Browser then goes to that ip and says to the web server i'm here looking
for xxx.com  If it's hosted by the server it replys and spits out the html