httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gerry Danen <gda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Caching Images
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 05:17:15 GMT
Mike,

I don't believe you will gain much with caching. XP is your bottleneck
if there is one.

Gerry

On 12/20/05, Michael Avila <Michael.Avila.1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The idea is to have the images be cached (even in memory if possible) so that it is super
fast as I am running this on my PC that I use for other things. And I only have 1 GB of memory.

> It is my understanding from reading posts that mod_cache relies on the expire statement.
Images will not have that so I was wondering how to cache only them. This is a phpBB forum
with oscommerce. Oscommerce more than phpBB has images.

> Thanks.
>
> Mike

Gerry
http://portal.danen.org/