httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting and SSL
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:37:51 GMT
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Jerry Baker wrote:
> Currently I have to set up one container for "regular" port 80 access
> and another container for SSL access. Since each virtual host has a
> large and massively different configuration than the others, it is a
> pain to make sure that the port 80 vhost and the SSL vhost
> configurations remain synchronized.

Use includes. My config (for one ssl and plain vhost) is something like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
 	Include /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>
 	SSLEngine on
 	SSLCertificateFile    ssl/foo.crt
 	SSLCertificateKeyFile ssl/foo.pem
 	SSLCACertificateFile  ssl/CA_Test.crt

 	Include /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf
</VirtualHost>

And then in /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf I have all the common stuff
(server name, document root, directory entries etc)

Nick