httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:13:12 GMT
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Boyle Owen wrote:
> I think you need to post the VH segments from your config...

I'd rather not clutter up the list, I do have quite a few of them...

> Your set up is clearly quite complicated and it's impossible to see what
> the error is based just on descriptions. My interpretation so far is
> that you have a VH somewhere which is defined as SSL but which does not
> contain an SSLCertificateFile directive.

They all do, and here's how I can be sure:
SSL-A - virtual host on .20:443
SSL-B - virutal host on .21:443
SSL-C - virtual host on .22:443
.23:443 name virutal host
   SSL-D name virtual host
   SSL-E name virtual host

SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C works
SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C + SSL-D works
SSL-D + SSL-E works
SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C + SSL-D + SSL-E fails with
   "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

So each individual virtual host works on its own

If no-one else has attempted anything like this, I'll put together a
simple set of config files + certifcates + keys for people to play with

I'm also half tempted to try and make that error message more useful.
Anyone know much about that area of code, or should I just dive in?

Cheers
Nick