httpd-users mailing list archives

From htt...@karsites.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Filename Access
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:26:26 GMT

Sean - I have created a directory in the public area, and
added the following to my config file:

<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/KAR/websites/pub/computing/apache-test>
  Options None
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  <Files *.php>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
  </Files>
</Directory>

(I restarted apache with /etc/init.d/apache2 stop, then start.)

If you go to that directory, you will get permission denied.

If you then add the following filename, get_vars.php, you
will be able to access that file - well I can from localhost
anyway.

Is this normal behaviour. I think I may need to re-write my
config files from scratch, after carefully reading the
manual.

Keith