httpd-users mailing list archives

From dimitri.janc...@clearstream.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create Apache2 service
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:40:24 GMT
Hi,

I had similar issues when:
- something was already listening on port 80 (a Web Server from a well
known company :-)
- Apache was already installed on the machine and a httpd.conf was left by
a previous installation

Currently i use the following line:
msiexec /i "apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" ALLUSERS=1
SERVERNAME=%NVHostname%.%NVDomain% SERVERDOMAIN=%NVDomain%
SERVERADMIN=webmaster@%NVDomain% /qb-
where:
NVHostname=HKLM:System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV
Hostname
NVDomain=HKLM:System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV Domain

---
Dimitri Janczak, Clearstream Services
(+352) 243 35392, KA.03.101.130
Revolution is a business (for young people).

"Steven Hashagen" <shashagen@aperio.com>
30/11/2005 23:09
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

<users@httpd.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create Apache2
service

Hello,

I?m attempting to run the Apache 2 MSI installer in silent (or passive)
mode.  I?d like it to automatically install as a service listening on port
80.  The installation seems to work fine, except it doesn?t create the
Apache2 service.

Here?s the command I?m using:

msiexec /i apache_2.0.54-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi /passive
SERVERADMIN=test@test.com SERVERNAME=localhost SERVERDOMAIN=localhost
SERVERPORT=80

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks,

Steven Hashagen

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname@clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER