httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Josh Feather" <Josh.Feat...@hewitt.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using gmake Failing on build
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:48:54 GMT
You either don't have "make" in your path or its not installed on your
machine...

"Michael S Pallos" <mpallos@gte.net>

12/03/2005 10:31 AM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
[users@httpd] Using gmake Failing on build

Hello,

I have successful ran ./configure using gcc with Apache 2.2.0 on Solaris
10.  I am stuck on the next step in installation, ?make?.  I have gmake
installed and was attempting to use that.

When I attempt to run gmake, I get the error:
/bin/bash/make not found
[all-recursiv3e] Error 1

Then when I try and us just make I get the following error:
Bash: line 17: make: command not found

So I created a link so make would call gmake, but that failed too.

Any ideas on how I can use gmake, or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.