httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess to prevent external access
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:21:11 GMT

So check for an "Include" directive (bringing in additional config code). Also, verify that
you are editing the correct config file (you'd be surprised how often that happens...). Put
in a deliberate syntax error and run a configtest - verify the error is detected.

> This is really baffling!

Mainly because you are using a rather complicated setup right-off. Simplify it first by moving
the directives from the .htaccess to a <Directory> block in the main config and replacing
the script you are trying to hit with a plain file URL. Once you get it working, you can add
on the complexity layer-by-layer, checking it still works at each step.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Gerry
>
> On 12/22/05, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote: