httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache and dynu
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:43:57 GMT
Plain text please...

I think your router is misconfigured (so not a problem with apache or dynu). I tried your
address from the public internet and got your router's config screen. The way it is supposed
to work (I think) is this:

- user on the web, types in asluttech.dynu.com
- browser requests IP address from dynu.com
- dynu.com sends browser your IP address (69.139.24.80)
- browser makes HTTP request to that IP
- router receives request on its external interface and routes it to its internal interface,
changing the destination IP to that of your server (eg, 192.168.1.1)
- your server receives the request, gets the page and sends it back
- router routes it to the browser

What's happening in your case is that the router is responding with its config screen on your
external IP address (69.139.24.80) instead of routing it to the internal server. So it's a
router config issue...

What happens if you hit your router's internal IP from inside your network (ie, 192.168.54.126)?
Do you get the config screen?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle