httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.54 Proxy information request
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:06:12 GMT
Plain text please...

I assume when say "port 443" you mean HTTPS and not that you're just changing the port number
under normal HTTP. Your main application is an undefined Single Sign-On authentication scheme.
Your set up is:

Internet <--HTTPS--> apache <--HTTP--> IIS

...and this works. But when you change to:

Internet <--HTTPS--> apache <--HTTPS--> IIS

...it doesn't.

So it looks like your SSO application doesn't work via HTTPS. What do you get in the apache
and/or IIS logs? Is there any SSO logging?

BTW, What happens if you try:

DMZ browser <--HTTPS--> IIS

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosado, Rodolfo CTR MDA/IOM [mailto:Rodolfo.Rosado.CTR@mda.mil]
Sent: Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2005 22:12
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.54 Proxy information request

Hi all,
    I'm new, have mercy.  I've set up an Apache server in my DMZ and it is accessed via port
443 only.  I reverse proxy requests to a back-end IIS server and application.  My issue is
with SSO.  I configured my Apache Server in a test environment to accept and reverse proxy
requests over port 80 and the information is passed correctly to the IIS server and application
and allows the user to SSO.  However, when I change this to port 443, the SSO no longer works.
 I can get to the backend app, but no SSO.  Is there something I haven't configured properly?

the sender's company.