httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frederick, Fabian" <>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd2-prefork processes running forever ...
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:42:28 GMT
    I'm facing a strange problem on a production box I'm running for
some months.Suddenly, I've got remaining httpd2-prefork processes
remaining in memory for hours (6/7% CPU).
On the other hand, I've got lot of 'sleeping forever' mysql query
processes.Problem is mysql doesn't say anything about query so I'm
unable to find where problem comes from.
I've tried lsof -p so I know it's my portal which is troublesome but
this one uses lot of external blocks ... Is there a way to know what an
httpd2-prefork process is exactly doing ?
The only way I found to have my server running again is an apachectl
restart :(
(apache 2.0.49)
Best regards,

View raw message