httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem blocking user dir access
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:37:55 GMT
Hello,

On our server we do not use userdirs, so requests to

should always result in an error. Right now they do.

The problem is that the server returns a "404 Not Found" error when
<user> does not exist on our server, but a "403 Forbidden" <user> does
exist.

In the one case we get error messages like:
File does not exist: /opt/portal/mp/www/~<user>
 and in the other case
client denied by server configuration: /home/<user>

the odd thing is that the server does this, even though we do not load
mod_userdir, and have not configured a UserDir.

What have I overlooked? How can I make sure that all requests to
userdirs result in a 404

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com