httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cletus Murphy <cletus.mur...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.1.9 - core_output_filter: writing data to the network errors, when downloading large files
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:42:00 GMT
Greetings,

I'm running Apache 2.1.9 on centos 4 - 2.6.11.3 kernel.

It appears that when a user downloads a file over 5G, the download
fails. - I'm seeing the following error's in the logfile:

(104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
(32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

..I've confirmed I'm able to download the entire file using wget.

Is this error related to the users web browser?, is it the network?,
or a problem with apache?

What exactly does this error mean?

I've googled and looked through the mailing list archives, but I'm
unable to find a satisfactory answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.