httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache/PHP Issue
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:33:54 GMT
It looks like a permissions issue of some type.  It's obvious that PHP
is loaded as per the Apache tag.  Rename the file to phptest.dat and see
if you can access that way (it should download).

I bet you have NTFS and that you copied the file from one location to
another and it brought the NTFS permissions with it as well.

Gary

________________________________

From: Bill McBride [mailto:bill.mcbride@VALLEY.NET]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:28 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache/PHP Issue

    I am running Apache 2.0.55 on a Windows XP Professional OS and I
have also installed PHP 5.1.  I have set up the .ini files as correctly
as I know how but I am still getting a problem.  I can get my browser to
load .html files from the root diectory fine.  However, when I try to
load a .php file I get the following page on the brower:

Not Found

The requested URL /phptest.php was not found on this server.

________________________________

Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.1 Server at localhost Port 80

    The error log file has the following entry:

[Thu Dec 29 13:26:05 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script 'C:/Program
Files/Apache Group/Apache2/test/phptest.php' not found or unable to stat
[Thu Dec 29 13:26:05 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/test/favicon.ico

       (The root directory is actually set up as the address above in
the configuration file.)

     I am wondering if I have a configuration problem or a problem with
my file privledges in XP or maybe something else I haven't thought of.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bill McBride